Gift in a Jar: Chocolate-Nut Cookies
- Makes: 20 servings
- Yield: 20 cookies
- Prep 30 mins
- Bake 12 mins per batch
Layers of flour, brown sugar, coconut, chocolate pieces and peanuts appeal to the baker who receives this gift in a jar. Include a cookie scoop for an added touch.
packed brown sugar
candy-coated dark or milk chocolate pieces
honey-roasted peanuts or chopped pecans
- Layer in a 1-quart glass jar or a 32-ounce canister or container with a tight-fitting lid the following ingredients, adding each ingredient at a time in this order: flour, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, candy-coated chocolate pieces, coconut, and peanuts. Tap jar gently on the counter to settle each layer before adding the next.
- Give as a gift (or store the layered jar of cookie ingredients at room temperature up to 1 month) and attach a recipe card with the following instructions:
- 1. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter, softened, with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Beat in 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Using a wooden spoon, stir in jar contents until combined.
- 2. Drop by 2-tablespoon portions or by using a medium cookie scoop 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Lightly press down to flatten.
- 3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool. Makes 20 cookies.
(Gift in a Jar: Chocolate-Nut Cookies)Servings Per Recipe 20, vit. C (mg) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, fiber (g) 1, sugar (g) 14, Monounsaturated fat (g) 2, sat. fat (g) 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 16, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 9, Niacin (mg) 1, chol. (mg) 24, pro. (g) 2, carb. (g) 21, Thiamin (mg) 0, vit. A (IU) 146, cal. (kcal) 173, iron (mg) 1, sodium (mg) 94, Potassium (mg) 55, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, calcium (mg) 20