Fanciful Raspberry Ribbons
- Makes: 72 servings
- Yield: 72 cookies
- Prep 25 mins
- Bake 15 mins
These festive "bake-and-slice" cookies look stunning on a tray of holiday desserts.
egg, slightly beaten
Seedless raspberry jam or jelly
recipe Powdered Sugar Glaze (see recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees . In a mixing bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add about half of the flour, the sugar, egg, vanilla and salt. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in the remaining flour, mixing until the dough sticks together to form a ball. Gather into a ball and knead slightly. Divide dough into 8 equal portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 9-inch-long rope. Arrange the ropes on ungreased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. With the side of your finger or a wooden spoon handle, press a long groove down length of ropes.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Spoon jam or jelly into groove and bake for about 5 minutes more or until edges begin to brown slightly. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Using a large spatula, carefully remove to a cutting board. (Cookies are very tender, so be gentle!) Cool slightly, then drizzle with Powdered Sugar Glaze. Cool a bit more before cutting diagonally into 1-inch slices.
Powdered Sugar Glaze
sifted powdered sugar
- 3 - 4
- In a bowl, mix powdered sugar and almond flavoring. Stir in milk to make a drizzling consistency.
(Fanciful Raspberry Ribbons)Servings Per Recipe 72, sodium (mg) 33, pro. (g) 1, calcium (mg) 3, sugar (g) 5, Potassium (mg) 11, Fat, total (g) 3, vit. C (mg) 0, cal. (kcal) 62, vit. A (IU) 84, iron (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 2, Riboflavin (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 9, Thiamin (mg) 0, Monounsaturated fat (g) 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, carb. (g) 9, Niacin (mg) 0, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, Folate (µg) 9, fiber (g) 0