Fanciful Raspberry Ribbons
- Makes: 72 servings
- Yield: 72 cookies
- Prep 25 mins
- Bake 15 mins
These festive, ribbon-shaped cookies look stunning on a tray of holiday desserts.
egg, slightly beaten
Raspberry jam or jelly
recipe Powdered Sugar Glaze (see recipe below)
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add about half of the flour, the sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt. Beat the cookie mixture with electric mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in the remaining flour, mixing until the dough sticks together to form a ball. Gather dough into a ball and knead slightly. Divide the cookie dough into 8 equal portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 9-inch-long rope. Place the ropes of dough on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. With side of your finger or wooden spoon handle, press a long groove down length of ropes.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 10 minutes. Spoon jam or jelly into groove and bake for about 5 minutes more or until edges begin to brown slightly. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Using a large spatula, remove to a cutting board. Drizzle Powdered Sugar Glaze over hot cookies. Cut into 1-inch slices. Cool cookies completely on wire racks. Makes about 72 cookies.
Powdered Sugar Glaze
sifted powdered sugar
- 3 - 4
- In a bowl, mix powdered sugar and almond flavoring. Stir in milk to make a drizzling consistency.
(Fanciful Raspberry Ribbons)Servings Per Recipe 72, Niacin (mg) 0, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 9, fiber (g) 0, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, carb. (g) 9, Monounsaturated fat (g) 1, sat. fat (g) 2, calcium (mg) 3, chol. (mg) 9, Potassium (mg) 11, Fat, total (g) 3, sodium (mg) 33, pro. (g) 1, cal. (kcal) 62, sugar (g) 5, vit. C (mg) 0, vit. A (IU) 84, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Thiamin (mg) 0, iron (mg) 0