Chocolate-Kissed Monkey Bread
- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep 40 mins
- Bake 40 mins
- Cool 5 mins
sliced almonds or chopped pecans, toasted
unsweetened cocoa powder
refrigerated large flaky biscuits (16 total)
milk chocolate Kisses with almonds or milk chocolate Kisses, unwrapped
butter, melted and cooled
caramel-flavored ice cream topping
- Generously grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the almonds in the bottom of the pan. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa powder and cinnamon; set aside.
- With a sharp knife or kitchen scissors, cut each biscuit into 2 pieces. Using your hands, flatten each dough piece into a 3-inch round of dough. Place a chocolate kiss, point side up, in the center of each round of dough. Bring the edge of the dough up and around the chocolate kiss to form a ball. Pinch the edges of the dough together to seal firmly.
- Dip each ball of dough into the melted butter, then roll it in the sugar mixture. Layer coated balls of dough in the prepared pan. Drizzle with any remaining butter; sprinkle with any remaining sugar mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together ice cream topping, maple syrup and vanilla; drizzle topping mixture over rolls. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup almonds on top.
- Place tube pan on a baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes, covering with foil the last 15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Place pan on a wire rack; cool for 5 minutes. Place an inverted platter on top of the tube pan. Using hot pads, turn platter and tube pan over so platter is on the bottom. Carefully lift tube pan off rolls. Spoon any topping and nuts that remain in tube pan onto rolls. Cool slightly. Serve warm. Makes 16 servings.
(Chocolate-Kissed Monkey Bread )Servings Per Recipe 16, sodium (mg) 613, pro. (g) 6, Monounsaturated fat (g) 4, cal. (kcal) 362, sat. fat (g) 7, fiber (g) 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, sugar (g) 23, vit. A (IU) 194, calcium (mg) 50, Riboflavin (mg) 0, iron (mg) 1, Niacin (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 18, Potassium (mg) 74, Fat, total (g) 19, Trans fatty acid (g) 3, carb. (g) 43