Coconut-Mocha Poached Pears
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep to 20 mins
- Slow Cook 3 1/2 to 4 hours (low)
ripe yet firm fresh pears
unsweetened cocoa powder
unsweetened light coconut milk
coffee liqueur or strong coffee
Light frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed (optional)
Toasted coconut* (optional)
Grated chocolate (optional)
- Peel pears; quarter pears lengthwise and remove cores. Place pears in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In a bowl stir together sugar and cocoa powder. Stir in coconut milk, coffee, and liqueur. Pour mixture over pears in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until pears are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer pears to dessert dishes. Spoon cooking liquid over pears. If desired, top with dessert topping; sprinkle with coconut and chocolate.
- * To toast coconut, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread coconut on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown, watching carefully and stirring once or twice.
(Coconut-Mocha Poached Pears)Servings Per Recipe 8, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sat. fat (g) 1, Niacin (mg) 0, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Thiamin (mg) 0, cal. (kcal) 125, pro. (g) 1, Riboflavin (mg) 0, vit. A (IU) 49, carb. (g) 29, vit. C (mg) 5, Fat, total (g) 1, sugar (g) 21, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, Monosaturated fat (g) 0, chol. (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 8, fiber (g) 4, sodium (mg) 7, calcium (mg) 10, Potassium (mg) 173, iron (mg) 1