Flamm's Peach Cobbler
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 35 mins
- Cool 1 hr
- Bake 45 mins
Cobbler Crust (see recipe)
fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped, or 5 cups chopped frozen, thawed unsweetened peach slices
Vanilla ice cream
- Prepare the Cobbler Crust; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 to 1 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add chopped peaches. Gently toss until coated; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten the larger dough ball into a square. Roll out dough from center to edges into a 10x10-inch square. Ease pastry into a 2-quart square baking dish without stretching it, pressing the pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of the baking dish. Transfer peach mixture to pastry-lined baking dish.
- Roll remaining dough ball into an 8x8-inch square. Place pastry on top of filling in dish, pressing edges of the pastry to the baking dish to seal bottom and top crust together. Sprinkle additional sugar over top pastry.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 45 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack about 1 hour. Serve warm with ice cream. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers. Makes 8 servings.
- 5 - 6
- In a large bowl, stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the flour mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon of water at a time, until all of the flour mixture is moistened (use a total of 5 to 6 tablespoons cold water). Divide dough into a two-thirds and a one-third portion; form each portion into a ball.
(Flamm's Peach Cobbler)Servings Per Recipe 8, vit. A (IU) 534, vit. C (mg) 7, Thiamin (mg) 0, iron (mg) 2, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Potassium (mg) 247, fiber (g) 3, sugar (g) 20, calcium (mg) 10, sodium (mg) 364, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 65, Monosaturated fat (g) 8, Niacin (mg) 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 5, sat. fat (g) 4, carb. (g) 58, pro. (g) 4, Fat, total (g) 17, cal. (kcal) 399