Cinnamon Carrots with Maple Thyme Butter
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Roast 19 mins to 25 mins
These sweet oven-roasted carrots are a perfect complement to a Thanksgiving or holiday menu, but they're easy enough to be a weeknight side. The recipe comes from Big Cedar Loge in Ridgedale, Missouri.
baby carrots with tops (about 1 pound)
inches stick cinnamon, broken in half, or 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Sea or kosher salt
pure maple syrup
snipped fresh thyme
red wine vinegar
sea or kosher salt
unsalted butter, cut into pieces and softened
Freshly ground black pepper
- Snip tops from carrots, leaving 1/2 inch of the green tops on each carrot. Scrub carrots and peel; rinse and dry well on paper towels.
- In a shallow roasting pan, toss the carrots with olive oil, the cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Roast, uncovered, in a 400 degrees oven for 15 to 20 minutes or just until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine maple syrup, thyme, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Remove the carrots from the oven. Add the syrup mixture, butter, and a pinch of pepper; toss to coat. Return to the oven. Roast for 4 to 5 minutes more or until the carrots are tender and nicely browned. Discard cinnamon pieces, if using.
(Cinnamon Carrots with Maple Thyme Butter)Servings Per Recipe 4, chol. (mg) 31, Niacin (mg) 1, Fat, total (g) 15, Riboflavin (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 8, cal. (kcal) 211, vit. A (IU) 15549, Potassium (mg) 308, carb. (g) 19, Thiamin (mg) 0, pro. (g) 1, vit. C (mg) 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, Monounsaturated fat (g) 5, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Folate (µg) 32, sugar (g) 14, sodium (mg) 217, iron (mg) 1, fiber (g) 3, calcium (mg) 61, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0