- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep 45 mins
- Chill 4 hrs
- Cool 2 hrs
- Bake 40 mins
The plain filling is swirled with the cranberry filling to make this dessert gorgeous to look at and delicious to eat.
Cranberry Sauce (see recipe)
finely crushed chocolate wafers (about 27 cookies) or chocolate cookie crumbs
cream cheese, softened
eggs, slightly beaten
semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Prepare Cranberry Sauce; cool.
- For crust: In a medium bowl, combine crushed chocolate wafers, 1 tablespoon of the flour, and butter. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1-1/2 to 2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- For Filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons flour and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in milk until smooth. Stir in eggs. Divide filling in half.
- Gradually stir 3/4 cup of the Cranberry Sauce into the melted chocolate; stir chocolate mixture into half of the filling. Pour chocolate mixture into crust-lined pan. Dollop plain filling atop. Use a narrow metal spatula to gently swirl the filling.
- Place pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a 2-1/2-inch area around the outside edge appears set when gently shaken.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a sharp small knife, loosen the crust from sides of pan; cool for 30 minutes more. Remove the sides of the pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving. Serve with remaining Cranberry Sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and cranberry juice. Cook and stir until mixture comes to boiling; boil gently, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until cranberries pop, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
(Cranberry-Chocolate Cheesecake)Servings Per Recipe 12, sat. fat (g) 18, chol. (mg) 131, Fat, total (g) 31, carb. (g) 51, vit. C (mg) 7, vit. A (IU) 972, iron (mg) 2, calcium (mg) 61, pro. (g) 8, cal. (kcal) 506, sodium (mg) 323, fiber (g) 2