- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep 45 mins
- Chill 4 hrs
- Cool 2 hrs
- Bake 40 mins
Cranberry Sauce (see recipe)
finely crushed chocolate wafers (about 27 cookies) or chocolate cookie crumbs
cream cheese, softened
eggs, slightly beaten
semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Prepare Cranberry Sauce; cool.
- For crust: In a medium bowl, combine crushed chocolate wafers, 1 tablespoon of the flour, and butter. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1-1/2 to 2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- For Filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons flour and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in milk until smooth. Stir in eggs. Divide filling in half.
- Gradually stir 3/4 cup of the Cranberry Sauce into the melted chocolate; stir chocolate mixture into half of the filling. Pour chocolate mixture into crust-lined pan. Dollop plain filling atop. Use a narrow metal spatula to gently swirl the filling.
- Place pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a 2-1/2-inch area around the outside edge appears set when gently shaken.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a sharp small knife, loosen the crust from sides of pan; cool for 30 minutes more. Remove the sides of the pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving. Serve with remaining Cranberry Sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and cranberry juice. Cook and stir until mixture comes to boiling; boil gently, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until cranberries pop, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
(Cranberry-Chocolate Cheesecake)Servings Per Recipe 12, carb. (g) 51, Fat, total (g) 31, vit. C (mg) 7, calcium (mg) 61, chol. (mg) 131, sat. fat (g) 18, iron (mg) 2, vit. A (IU) 972, cal. (kcal) 506, sodium (mg) 323, pro. (g) 8, fiber (g) 2