Coffeehouse Chocolate Spoons
- Yield: 20 to 24 chocolate-covered spoons
- Prep 30 mins
- Chill 1 hr
semisweet chocolate pieces
white baking bar
- In a heavy saucepan heat semisweet chocolate pieces over low heat, stirring constantly until the chocolate begins to melt. Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth. Dip half of the spoons into chocolate, tapping handle of each spoon against side of pan to remove excess chocolate. Place spoons on waxed paper; refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set up.
- In a heavy saucepan heat white baking bar over low heat, stirring constantly until baking bar begins to melt. Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth. Dip remaining spoons into the melted baking bar. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set up.
- Place the remaining melted white baking bar in a small, self-sealing heavy plastic bag. Using scissors, make a small opening at one bottom corner of the bag; drizzle one or both sides of the chocolate-coated spoons with the melted white baking bar. Drizzle remaining melted bittersweet chocolate on white baking bar-coated spoons.
- Refrigerate spoons for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set up. Wrap each spoon separately and store in cool, dry place for 2 to 3 weeks. Makes 20 to 24 chocolate-covered spoons.
- To Present This As a Gift: You will need matching teacup and saucer, cellophane bags, and ribbon. Wrap bags around spoons and secure with ribbon. Present in coffee cup.
(Coffeehouse Chocolate Spoons)sat. fat (g) 3, chol. (mg) 3, calcium (mg) 10, pro. (g) 1, cal. (kcal) 75, Fat, total (g) 4, fiber (g) 1, carb. (g) 6, sodium (mg) 8