Chocolate Dried Cherry Cheesecake
- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep 40 mins
- Chill overnight
- Cool 2 hrs
- Bake 1 hr
This cheesecake is thick, rich, and chocolatey and has just a touch of coffee. What a fantastic dessert!
unsweetened dark chocolate, chopped
chocolate cookie crumbs
dried cherries (1-1/4 cups), snipped
cream cheese, softened
Starbucks® coffee liqueur, Kahlua, other coffee liqueur, or strong coffee
Milk chocolate curls (optional)
- Place chocolate in a heavy medium saucepan; cook over low heat just until melted. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add cookie crumbs; toss to mix well. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1-1/2 to 2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap outside of the springform pan securely with heavy foil. Sprinkle cherries on bottom crust. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, for 3 minutes or until mixture is completely smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Reduce speed to medium; beat in the melted chocolate until combined. Beat in coffee liqueur or coffee until smooth. Add eggs all at once; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Place springform pan in a large roasting pan. (Make sure there is at least 1 inch between springform pan and edges of roasting pan.) Place roasting pan on oven rack. Carefully pour enough hot tap water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake in a 300 degree F. oven for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until edge of cheesecake is firm and center appears just set when lightly shaken. Carefully remove cheesecake pan from water bath; transfer to a wire rack and cool for 20 minutes. Remove foil. Loosen crust from sides of pan and cool for 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan and cool completely. Cover cheesecake with plastic wrap and chill overnight. (Or store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.) To serve, cut into wedges and top with chocolate curls, if you like. Makes 16 servings.
(Chocolate Dried Cherry Cheesecake)Servings Per Recipe 16, sat. fat (g) 16, calcium (mg) 61, iron (mg) 4, sodium (mg) 237, vit. A (IU) 1020, Potassium (mg) 270, fiber (g) 4, cal. (kcal) 419, Fat, total (g) 28, chol. (mg) 84, pro. (g) 7, carb. (g) 41