Chocolate-Peanut Butter Crispy Treats
- Makes: 36 servings
- Prep 30 mins
- Slow Cook 1 hr (low)
Crispy treats from the slow cooker? Absolutely! Peanut butter, marshmallows and butter melt together beautifully under low heat.
butter, cut up
creamy peanut butter
chocolate-flavored crisp rice cereal
coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
peanut butter-flavored pieces, melted
semisweet chocolate, melted
- Butter the inside of a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. In the prepared cooker combine marshmallows, the 6 tablespoons butter, and peanut butter.
- Cover and cook on low about 1 1/2 hours or until smooth, stirring every 30 minutes. Add cereal and peanuts, stirring gently to combine.
- Using buttered hands or a buttered 1/4-cup cookie scoop, scoop and shape mixture into 36 balls; place on a buttered sheet of foil. Let stand at room temperature until firm and no longer sticky, about 30 minutes.
- Stir shortening into melted peanut butter-flavored pieces until smooth.
- Drizzle treats with melted peanut butter sauce and melted chocolate. Sprinkle with additional finely chopped peanuts, if desired. Let stand until set.
- Icon Low Quick Crowd Gift
(Chocolate-Peanut Butter Crispy Treats)Servings Per Recipe 36, sugar (g) 15, Potassium (mg) 71, pro. (g) 3, calcium (mg) 17, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, fiber (g) 1, sodium (mg) 102, chol. (mg) 5, Thiamin (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 3, cal. (kcal) 166, vit. A (IU) 431, iron (mg) 2, Fat, total (g) 7, vit. C (mg) 4, Monounsaturated fat (g) 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Folate (µg) 37, Riboflavin (mg) 0, carb. (g) 25, Niacin (mg) 3