Governor's Easy Grilled Chicken
- Makes: 4 to 6 servings
- Marinate 8 hrs or overnight
- Grill 50 mins to 1 hr
medium chicken breast halves (2 to 3 pounds total)
dry white wine
dried Italian seasoning, crushed
minced fresh garlic
- Remove skin from the chicken, if you like. Put the chicken in a plastic bag set in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the wine with the olive oil, Italian seasoning and garlic. Pour the mixture over the chicken in a plastic bag. Close the bag. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken, reserving the marinade. In a covered grill, arrange the preheated coals around a drip pan for indirect grilling. Test for medium heat above the pan.
- Place the chicken on a grill rack, with the bone side up, over a drip pan. Cover the chicken and grill for 50 to 60 minutes or until the meat is tender and no longer pink, turning once. Brush the chicken once with the reserved marinade halfway through the grilling time.
- Discard the remaining marinade. Garnish with sprigs of fresh herbs, if you like.
(Governor's Easy Grilled Chicken)Servings Per Recipe 4, cal. (kcal) 388, carb. (g) 1, chol. (mg) 90, Fat, total (g) 26, sodium (mg) 74