Dazzling Yuletide Chicken
- Makes: 4 servings
- Bake 25 mins to 30 mins
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Freshly ground pepper
semisoft cheese with French onions, garlic and herb or garden vegetables
frozen phyllo dough, thawed
Hot cooked wild rice (optional)
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Place each chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound lightly until about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Divide the cheese into 4 equal pieces; form into balls. Place a cheese ball in the center of each piece of chicken. Fold in the sides and roll the pieces up, jelly-roll style.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Evenly stack 8 phyllo dough sheets on a work surface. (Cover and return the remaining phyllo to your freezer.) With a sharp knife, cut the phyllo stack into 12-inch squares; discard trimmings.
- Generously brush one square with butter. Place another square on top; brush with butter. Keep the remaining 6 squares of phyllo covered with plastic wrap to prevent drying.
- Place a chicken breast, seam side down, on the buttered stack. Gather up the phyllo to form a bundle, twisting top slightly to hold it together. With a spatula, transfer to a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining phyllo squares and chicken breasts.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until phyllo is golden. Serve with hot cooked wild rice, if you like.
(Dazzling Yuletide Chicken)Servings Per Recipe 4, Fat, total (g) 32, chol. (mg) 133, cal. (kcal) 499, carb. (g) 21, sodium (mg) 392