Cranberry-Stuffed Chicken Burgers
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Grill 17 mins
uncooked ground chicken
fine dry bread crumbs
snipped fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
kosher salt or 1/8 teaspoon regular salt
Parmesan cheese, shaved
fresh mozzarella cheese or 4 slices regular mozzarella cheese
Kaiser rolls or sesame hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a small saucepan, bring orange juice to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in cranberries. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain cranberries, discarding orange juice.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, marjoram and salt. Shape chicken mixture into 8 1/2-inch-thick patties. (The mixture may be sticky. If necessary, wet hands to shape patties.)
- Place one-fourth of the cranberries and one-fourth of the Parmesan cheese on the center of each of 4 patties. Top with the remaining patties; press edges to seal.
- For a charcoal grill: Grill patties on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 14 to 18 minutes or until no longer pink (165 degrees F)*, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill: Preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on greased grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as above.) Top each burger with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Grill, uncovered, about 3 minutes more or until cheese begins to melt. Serve burgers on toasted rolls with lettuce leaves. Makes 4 burgers.
- * The internal color of a burger is not a reliable doneness indicator. A chicken patty cooked to 165 degrees F is safe, regardless of color. To measure the doneness of a patty, insert an instant-read thermometer through the side of the patty to a depth of 2 to 3 inches.
(Cranberry-Stuffed Chicken Burgers)Servings Per Recipe 4, fiber (g) 3, sodium (mg) 762, cal. (kcal) 552, pro. (g) 42, Fat, total (g) 22, carb. (g) 47, chol. (mg) 161