- Makes: 6 to 8 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 6 hrs on low or 3 hours on high
Moist chicken, earthy mushrooms, and sour cream combine in the slow cooker to create this classic comfort food.
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves and/or thighs
10 3/4 -
condensed cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic
dried wide egg noodles
dairy sour cream
Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine the chicken pieces and onion. In a medium bowl stir together the soup and water. Pour over chicken and onion.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. Just before serving, stir sour cream into mixture in cooker. To serve, spoon stroganoff mixture over hot cooked noodles. If desired, sprinkle with black pepper. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Chicken Stroganoff)Servings Per Recipe 6, cal. (kcal) 532, pro. (g) 46, carb. (g) 54, Fat, total (g) 14, chol. (mg) 162, sat. fat (g) 6, Monounsaturated fat (g) 3, Folate (µg) 105, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, fiber (g) 3, sodium (mg) 775, sugar (g) 4, Potassium (mg) 445, calcium (mg) 101, vit. A (IU) 340, iron (mg) 3, vit. C (mg) 4, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 16, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1