- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep 30 mins
- Marinate 2 hrs to 24 hrs
- Grill 10 mins to 12 mins
- Cook 7 mins
Chicken tenders are marinated in Italian dressing, then coated in bread crumbs and grilled. They're served with a side dish of sauteed mushrooms, garlic, and prosciutto.
chicken breast tenderloins
bottled sweet Italian salad dressing or bottled Italian salad dressing
seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
halved fresh mushrooms
cloves garlic, minced
coarsely chopped prosciutto
shredded provel cheese or mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour salad dressing over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in bread crumbs to coat. On five to six long metal skewers, thread chicken, accordion-style, leaving 1/4-inch space between each piece.
- For a charcoal grill: Grill skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 10 to 12 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink (170 degree F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill: Preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place skewers on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.)
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook mushrooms and garlic in hot butter until mushrooms are just tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add prosciutto; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove chicken from skewers; arrange on a serving plate. Sprinkle the chicken with half of the cheese. Spoon the mushroom mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Squeeze a lemon wedge over each serving. Makes 4 servings.
- Oven Directions: Arrange skewers in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake in a 375 degree F oven about 15 minutes or till chicken is no longer pink (170 degree F).
(Chicken Spiedini)Servings Per Recipe 4, carb. (g) 22, sodium (mg) 1820, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, pro. (g) 46, vit. C (mg) 4, calcium (mg) 212, Fat, total (g) 22, vit. A (IU) 243, Potassium (mg) 491, iron (mg) 2, sugar (g) 4, cal. (kcal) 471, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 6, Monounsaturated fat (g) 6, Thiamin (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 6, chol. (mg) 113, Niacin (mg) 14, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 8, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1