- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 6 hrs to 8 hrs on low or 3 to 4 hours on high
Almost as easy as carryout, this savory slow cooker recipe is a fun way to celebrate the Chinese New Year--or any red-letter day.
10 3/4 -
condensed golden mushroom soup
frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
ounce can (drained weight)
sliced mushrooms, drained
Hot cooked brown rice* (optional)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine mushroom soup, soy sauce, and ginger. Stir in chicken, stir-fry vegetables, and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir cashews into chicken mixture. If desired, serve over hot cooked rice. Makes 6 servings.
- * For really fast rice, use two 8.8-ounce pouches cooked whole grain brown rice and heat them in the microwave according to package directions.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Cashew Chicken)Servings Per Recipe 6, Riboflavin (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 68, Thiamin (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 8, vit. C (mg) 17, carb. (g) 13, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, fiber (g) 3, Folate (µg) 12, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, Monounsaturated fat (g) 3, Niacin (mg) 11, sat. fat (g) 2, pro. (g) 31, vit. A (IU) 1263, iron (mg) 2, cal. (kcal) 256, calcium (mg) 20, Potassium (mg) 319, sugar (g) 4, sodium (mg) 1026