Chicken and Sweet Pepper Linguine Alfredo
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish 25 mins
refrigerated whole wheat linguine
red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced (about 2-1/2 cups)
packaged chicken stir-fry strips*
refrigerated light Alfredo pasta sauce
finely shredded Parmesan, Romano, or Asiago cheese (optional)
snipped fresh thyme
freshly ground black pepper
- Using kitchen scissors, cut linguine in half. Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Return to hot pan; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add squash; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to skillet. Stir in pasta sauce; heat through.
- Add chicken-vegetable mixture, cheese (if desired), and thyme to cooked linguine; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- *Test Kitchen Tip: If you prefer, cut skinless, boneless chicken breast halves into thin strips.
(Chicken and Sweet Pepper Linguine Alfredo)Servings Per Recipe 4, iron (mg) 3, vit. A (IU) 1118, calcium (mg) 151, sugar (g) 5, fiber (g) 7, Starch () 3, Potassium (mg) 467, carb. (g) 43, Fat, total (g) 11, vit. C (mg) 55, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Monosaturated fat (g) 0, Niacin (mg) 7, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, chol. (mg) 66, Folate (µg) 44, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sat. fat (g) 5, Carb Choice () 3, pro. (g) 26, sodium (mg) 461, Fat () 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, cal. (kcal) 371, Vegetables () 2, Lean Meat () 2