Chia Fudgy Brownies
- Makes: 16 servings
- Yield: 16 brownies
- Prep 20 mins
- Stand 12 hrs to 24 hrs
- Bake 30 mins
unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
instant espresso coffee powder (optional)
chopped nuts (optional)
Additional espresso coffee powder and/or powdered sugar (optional)
- In a bowl combine the water and chia seeds. Cover and let stand at room temperature 12 to 24 hours. Stir before using.
- In a medium saucepan heat and stir chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; cool. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Grease foil.
- Stir granulated sugar into cooled chocolate in saucepan. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition just until combined. Stir in chia seed mixture and vanilla.
- In a bowl stir together flour, baking soda, and, if desired, espresso powder. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. If desired, stir in nuts. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan; spread evenly.
- Bake 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. If desired, dust with additional espresso powder and/or powdered sugar. Using edges of foil, lift uncut brownies out of pan. Place on a cutting board; cut into bars.
- *Tip Look for chia seeds in the natural foods aisle of your grocery store or at a health food market.
(Chia Fudgy Brownies)Servings Per Recipe 16, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, sugar (g) 13, Potassium (mg) 63, fiber (g) 1, sodium (mg) 30, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, chol. (mg) 23, Thiamin (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 4, vit. C (mg) 0, cal. (kcal) 109, vit. A (IU) 49, iron (mg) 1, pro. (g) 2, calcium (mg) 20, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, Folate (µg) 16, Monounsaturated fat (g) 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, carb. (g) 19, Niacin (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 2, Riboflavin (mg) 0