- Makes: 10 to 12 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Bake 2 hrs
- Stand 15 mins
dried tart cherries, chopped
cherry juice or orange juice
cooked boneless ham
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a small saucepan combine 1/2 cup of the dried cherries and the cherry juice; bring to boiling. Remove from heat; let stand for 15 minutes. Drain cherries, discarding juice.
- Make four or five slits (1-1/2 to 2 inches deep) in ham. Press some of the soaked cherries into each slit as it is cut. Place ham on a roasting rack in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan or baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Insert an oven-going meat thermometer into thickest portion of ham.* Bake about 2 hours or until thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
- Place peach preserves in a small bowl; snip any large pieces of fruit. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup dried cherries and the lemon juice. Spoon 1/2 cup of the preserves mixture over ham. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes more. In a small saucepan heat the remaining preserves mixture and pass with the ham.
Make Ahead Tip
- Make-Ahead Directions: Prepare as directed through Step 2. Chill for up to 4 hours. Continue as directed in Steps 3 and 4.
- *Tip: If you don't have an oven-going meat thermometer, use an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of ham to test the temperature.
(Cherry-Stuffed Ham)Servings Per Recipe 10, fiber (g) 3, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 12, Thiamin (mg) 1, carb. (g) 52, vit. C (mg) 11, pro. (g) 23, vit. A (IU) 389, cal. (kcal) 412, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Folate (µg) 16, Monounsaturated fat (g) 6, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 4, Niacin (mg) 4, chol. (mg) 77, Potassium (mg) 515, sodium (mg) 1794, iron (mg) 2, sugar (g) 32, calcium (mg) 50