Cheesy Snack Mix
- Makes: 18 servings
- Yield: 9 cups
- Prep 15 mins
- Bake 30 mins
- Stand overnight
There is no magic, but a bowl of this tasty, crispy snack is sure to disappear.
crispy corn and rice cereal
1 3/4 -
crisp breadsticks, broken into 2-inch pieces
bite-size cheese crackers
ounce can (about 1 cup)
smoke-flavored whole almonds (optional)
butter or margarine
bottled clear Italian salad dressing
grated Parmesan cheese
- The day before: Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a shallow roasting pan combine cereal, shoestring potatoes, breadsticks, cheese crackers, and, if desired, almonds.
- In a small saucepan combine butter and salad dressing. Cook over low heat until butter is melted. Stir in cheese and garlic powder. Drizzle butter mixture over cereal mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring twice. Spread mixture on a large sheet of foil; cool. Transfer to a bowl, storage containers, or resealable plastic bags; cover tightly or seal. Let stand at room temperature overnight.*
- Tailgate day: Tote snack mix at room temperature.
- *Tip: For longer storage, store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
(Cheesy Snack Mix)Servings Per Recipe 18, fiber (g) 1, sugar (g) 1, vit. A (IU) 292, vit. C (mg) 2, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 2, Folate (µg) 44, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 6, Potassium (mg) 50, calcium (mg) 20, chol. (mg) 10, pro. (g) 3, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, carb. (g) 16, sodium (mg) 238, cal. (kcal) 128, iron (mg) 3, sat. fat (g) 3, Monounsaturated fat (g) 2, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Mark as Free Exchange () 0