Chocolate-Irish Cream Cheesecake
- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep 45 mins
- Bake 50 mins
- Cool 1 hr
- Chill 6 hrs to 24 hrs
For a special treat, serve this rich dessert with gourmet coffee. If you prefer a milder liqueur flavor, use a little less Irish cream and add whipping cream or milk to make up the difference.
finely crushed chocolate wafers (about 18 cookies)*
cream cheese, softened
dairy sour cream
semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
Irish cream liqueur
whipping cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl, combine crushed chocolate wafers, melted butter, and cinnamon; toss gently to mix. Press mixture onto the bottom and up the side of a 9- or 10-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and melted chocolate. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Using a wooden spoon, stir in eggs just until combined. Stir in liqueur, whipping cream or milk, and vanilla.
- Pour filling into the crust-lined pan. Place springform pan in shallow baking pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen from side of pan. Cool for 30 minutes more. Remove side of springform pan. Cool for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours. Makes 16 servings.
- * If using a 10-inch springform pan, use 1-3/4 cups crushed chocolate wafers (about 21 cookies) and 7 tablespoons butter, melted, for the crust.
(Chocolate-Irish Cream Cheesecake)Servings Per Recipe 16, sat. fat (g) 17, Folate (µg) 16, chol. (mg) 109, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, sodium (mg) 252, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, Thiamin (mg) 0, sugar (g) 25, fiber (g) 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Niacin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Monosaturated fat (g) 9, cal. (kcal) 405, vit. A (IU) 826, carb. (g) 32, pro. (g) 7, calcium (mg) 61, Potassium (mg) 181, Fat, total (g) 29, iron (mg) 2