Tomato-Topped Baked Brie
- Makes: 15 to 20 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Bake 12 mins
oil-packed dried tomatoes
finely chopped shallots or onion
finely chopped garlic
snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
snipped fresh parsley
brie, with rind
French bread slices cut 1/2 inch thick
- Drain oil from tomatoes; reserve 3 tablespoons. Chop tomatoes for 1/2 cup.
- In skillet, cook shallots in 2 tablespoons reserved oil until tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and basil; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and black pepper.
- Place foil on baking sheet; add brie. Brush with remaining oil. Spread tomato mixture on top. Cover; chill for 1/2 to 5 hours.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Toast in a 350 degree F oven until light brown, toasting about 5 minutes per side.
- Bake brie on center oven shelf for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges just melt. Lift by foil to plate; trim foil. Serve with bread; garnish with basil. Makes 15 to 20 servings.
(Tomato-Topped Baked Brie)Servings Per Recipe 15, carb. (g) 28, Fat, total (g) 16, chol. (mg) 42, sodium (mg) 579, cal. (kcal) 308