Caramel Snack Mix
- Makes: 30 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cool 30 mins
- Bake 30 mins
Don't be surprised if this nutty, caramel-y, chocolaty snack mix disappears quickly! Good thing it only takes six ingredients to whip up.
crispy corn and rice cereal (about 12 cups)
mixed nuts, cashews, or almonds
packed brown sugar
light-color corn syrup
chocolate-covered raisins, chocolate-covered peanuts, or semisweet or milk chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a foil roasting pan, combine cereal and nuts; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over cereal mixture; stir gently to coat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring twice. Remove from oven. Spread mixture on a large piece of buttered foil; cool. Wash and dry the foil roasting pan.
- Break cereal mixture into pieces; return to clean roasting pan. Stir in chocolate-covered raisins; cover.
- Chocolate Spiced Snack Mix: Prepare as above except add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger to the butter mixture.
(Caramel Snack Mix)Servings Per Recipe 30, Potassium (mg) 128, calcium (mg) 20, pro. (g) 2, sodium (mg) 122, carb. (g) 27, fiber (g) 1, chol. (mg) 9, sat. fat (g) 4, cal. (kcal) 186, Fat, total (g) 9, iron (mg) 4