- Makes: 6 servings
- Yield: 4 cups
- Hands On 15 mins
- Total Time 2 hrs to 3 hrs including freezing time
This crazy-refreshing (and nonfat!) Italian ice requires no special gear. Make with a really ripe cantaloupe for the best flavor.
finely chopped mint leaves
Thin melon wedges or whole mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a blender, combine cantaloupe, sugar, lemon juice and ice cubes. Cover and blend until smooth. Stir in mint leaves.
- Pour into a 13x9-inch baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze 2 to 3 hours or until mostly frozen.
- To serve, scrape with a fork; spoon into short glasses. Garnish with thin melon wedges or whole mint leaves, if desired.
- Freeze Overnight Freeze the granita mixture overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before scraping and serving.
(Cantaloupe-Mint Granita)Servings Per Recipe 6, cal. (kcal) 54, Fat, total (g) 0, chol. (mg) 0, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sat. fat (g) 0, carb. (g) 13, fiber (g) 1, sodium (mg) 14, Monounsaturated fat (g) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, Folate (µg) 22, vit. A (IU) 2860, iron (mg) 1, vit. C (mg) 32, sugar (g) 13, Potassium (mg) 236, pro. (g) 1, calcium (mg) 15, Niacin (mg) 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0