Triple-Chocolate Mocha Truffles
- Makes: 30 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Chill 3 hrs to 4 hrs
- Cool 30 mins
- Stand 30 mins
Semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate create the sweet trio that flavors this melt-in-your-mouth candy. Cream cheese makes the middle sturdier than traditional truffles.
semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
cream cheese, softened and cut up
instant coffee crystals
milk chocolate pieces (8 ounces)
white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- In a heavy medium saucepan, melt semisweet chocolate over very low heat. Remove from heat and stir in the cream cheese until combined.
- Stir together the coffee crystals and water. Add the coffee mixture to the chocolate-cream cheese mixture and stir until smooth. Cover and chill for about 2 hours or until firm.
- Use 2 spoons to shape the mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on a waxed-paper-lined baking sheet or tray. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- In a heavy medium saucepan, melt milk chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Use a fork to dip truffles into milk chocolate mixture, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into saucepan. Return truffles to baking sheet; chill for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a heavy, small saucepan, melt the white chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over tops of truffles. Chill for a few minutes until set. Store in refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving. Makes about 30 truffles.
(Triple-Chocolate Mocha Truffles)Servings Per Recipe 30, sodium (mg) 21, cal. (kcal) 124, carb. (g) 12, chol. (mg) 4, Fat, total (g) 9