- Makes: 60 servings
- Yield: about 60 pieces
- Prep 45 mins
- Chill 8 hrs
- Stand 30 mins
semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
finely chopped toasted hazelnuts (filberts)*
- Place the chocolate in a medium bowl; set aside. In a heavy small saucepan, combine whipping cream, sugar, and butter. Slowly bring the cream mixture to boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; pour hot mixture over chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Stir in hazelnut-flavored and almond-flavored liqueur.
- Cover; chill in the refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours or until firm. Shape chilled truffle mixture into 1-inch balls and drop onto a waxed paper-lined large baking sheet.
- Roll balls, one at a time, in finely chopped hazelnuts. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes. Store truffles tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Let stand at room temperature about 30 minutes before serving.
- *For toasted, skinned hazelnuts: Spread hazelnuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven. Let nuts cool 5 minutes. Rub hazelnuts in a kitchen towel until skins loosen and fall away. Place hazelnuts in a food processor bowl or blender container. Cover and process or blend until very finely ground but still dry (not oily).
- Rolling Truffles: Try using a melon baller to scoop the truffles. Rolling the truffles to shape with your hands will be easier if you wear plastic gloves.
(Hazelnut Truffles)Servings Per Recipe 60, sodium (mg) 8, fiber (g) 1, vit. A (IU) 97, Fat, total (g) 7, carb. (g) 6, pro. (g) 1, cal. (kcal) 86, iron (mg) 1, sat. fat (g) 3, calcium (mg) 10, chol. (mg) 10