Fanciful Peppermint Fudge
- Makes: 96 servings
- Yield: 4 pounds
- Prep 10 mins
- Chill 4 hrs
- Cook 10 mins
evaporated milk (1-1/3 cups total)
semisweet chocolate pieces (2 cups)
coarsely broken peppermint candies* (optional)
- Line a 13x9x2-inch pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter foil and set pan aside.
- Butter the sides of a heavy 3-quart saucepan. In the saucepan, combine the sugar, evaporated milk, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking and stirring 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Add chocolate pieces, the marshmallow creme, and peppermint extract. Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is combined. Beat by hand for 1 minute. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with peppermint candies, if you like. Score into 1-inch pieces while warm. Cover and chill the fudge.
- When fudge is firm, use foil to lift it out of the pan. Cut into squares. Store in tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
- * For a neater appearance, shake the peppermint pieces in a sieve to remove the very small pieces.
(Fanciful Peppermint Fudge)Servings Per Recipe 96, sodium (mg) 26, cal. (kcal) 83, chol. (mg) 6, carb. (g) 14, Fat, total (g) 3