Fanciful Peppermint Fudge
- Makes: 96 servings
- Yield: 4 pounds
- Prep 10 mins
- Chill 4 hrs
- Cook 10 mins
This creamy fudge has a light mint flavor to make it extra special for the holidays.
evaporated milk (1-1/3 cups total)
semisweet chocolate pieces (2 cups)
coarsely broken peppermint candies* (optional)
- Line a 13x9x2-inch pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter foil and set pan aside.
- Butter the sides of a heavy 3-quart saucepan. In the saucepan, combine the sugar, evaporated milk, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking and stirring 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Add chocolate pieces, the marshmallow creme, and peppermint extract. Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is combined. Beat by hand for 1 minute. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with peppermint candies, if you like. Score into 1-inch pieces while warm. Cover and chill the fudge.
- When fudge is firm, use foil to lift it out of the pan. Cut into squares. Store in tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
- * For a neater appearance, shake the peppermint pieces in a sieve to remove the very small pieces.
(Fanciful Peppermint Fudge)Servings Per Recipe 96, pro. (g) 0, fiber (g) 0, chol. (mg) 6, cal. (kcal) 83, sodium (mg) 26, carb. (g) 14, Fat, total (g) 3