Creamy Rich Pistachio-Tangerine Fudge
- Yield: 2-1/2 pounds (64 pieces)
- Prep 15 mins
- Chill 2 hrs
- Cook 10 mins
11 1/2 -
milk chocolate pieces
sweetened condensed milk
bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
finely shredded tangerine or orange peel
chopped pistachios, toasted almonds or toasted pecans
white baking pieces
Coarsely chopped pistachios, toasted almonds or toasted pecans (optional)
- Line an 8x8x2-inch or 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Butter the foil; set pan aside.
- In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, combine milk chocolate pieces, condensed milk, and bittersweet or semisweet chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate just melts and mixture is well combined and smooth. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in tangerine or orange peel and vanilla.
- Immediately spread half of fudge into the prepared pan; sprinkle with pistachios and white baking pieces; press in lightly. Spread remaining fudge evenly on top. If you like, sprinkle with additional nuts; press in lightly. Score into squares while warm. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or until firm. When fudge is firm, use foil to lift fudge out of pan. Cut fudge into 1-inch squares. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Makes about 2-1/2 pounds (64 pieces).
- Recipe Note: This candy recipe directs you to line your pan with foil. But how do you get that foil pushed into those corners without tearing it? Try this: Shape the foil around the outside of your pan, then lift it off and place it inside the pan, pressing gently into the corners.
(Creamy Rich Pistachio-Tangerine Fudge)iron (mg) 0, calcium (mg) 30, vit. A (IU) 49, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, cal. (kcal) 77, pro. (g) 1, carb. (g) 10, Fat, total (g) 4, chol. (mg) 3, sat. fat (g) 2, Monosaturated fat (g) 1, sodium (mg) 11, fiber (g) 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, sugar (g) 5, Potassium (mg) 52