Candy Cane Snack Mix
- Makes: 24 servings
- Yield: 18 cups loosely packed
- Prep 30 mins
- Stand 1 hr
What's better than sweet and salty? Sweet, salty and pepperminty! This easy-as-could-be snack mix is fantastic for holiday gifts.
unsalted popped popcorn*
holiday shaped pretzels (trees, stars, bells) or small pretzel twists
lightly salted dry-roasted cashews or honey-roasted peanuts
vanilla-flavored candy coating, coarsely chopped
finely crushed peppermint sticks, candy canes or other hard peppermint candies
- In a shallow roasting pan, combine popcorn, pretzels and cashews; set aside.
- In a heavy medium saucepan, heat candy coating over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. [Or microwave in a microwave-safe 4-cup glass measure on 100% power (high) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring after every minute until melted and smooth. Remove from microwave.] Stir in 1/2 cup of the crushed candy.
- Pour melted mixture over popcorn mixture. Stir gently to coat. Spread onto a large piece of foil or parchment paper. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup crushed candy. Cool and break into pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- * Be sure to remove any unpopped kernels.
(Candy Cane Snack Mix)Servings Per Recipe 24, fiber (g) 1, sodium (mg) 146, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, calcium (mg) 15, pro. (g) 3, Potassium (mg) 79, sugar (g) 23, vit. C (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 13, vit. A (IU) 5, iron (mg) 1, cal. (kcal) 259, Riboflavin (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 8, Thiamin (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 18, Monounsaturated fat (g) 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, carb. (g) 33, Niacin (mg) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1