Old-Fashioned Pound Cake
- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Bake 1 hr
This rich, moist cake with its crispy, sugar-browned crust is delicious warm from the oven.
dairy sour cream
Fresh strawberries and blackberries (optional)
- Allow butter, eggs, and sour cream to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat butter with a stand mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, beating about 10 minutes or until very light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to egg mixture, beating on low to medium speed after each addition until just combined. Spread batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 1-1/2 hours or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in a pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool thoroughly on a wire rack. If you like, garnish with fresh berries. Makes 16 servings.
(Old-Fashioned Pound Cake)Servings Per Recipe 16, chol. (mg) 132, Fat, total (g) 22, cal. (kcal) 433, carb. (g) 55, sodium (mg) 226