Buttery Yellow Butter Cake
- Makes: 15 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Bake 45 mins
This moist, streusel-topped cake can be mixed together in just 15 minutes. Make it when you need a simple dessert.
Semisweet chocolate pieces (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture.
- To remaining mixture, stir in baking powder. Add eggs, milk, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Spread the batter in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Serve warm or cool. Makes 15 servings.
- Drizzle with melted semisweet chocolate pieces, if desired.