Cajun Pot Roast with Maque Choux
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 8 hrs to 10 hrs (low) or 4 to 5 hr. (high)
Maque choux (MOCK shoo) is a Cajun dish of corn smothered with green pepper, onion, and tomatoes. Of course, most versions bring a little Cajun kick to the dish, and this recipe is no exception!
2 1/2 -
boneless beef chuck roast
frozen whole kernel corn
green sweet pepper, chopped
bottled hot pepper sauce
ground black pepper
14 1/2 -
diced tomatoes, undrained
- Trim fat from meat. Sprinkle Cajun seasoning evenly over all sides of the meat; rub in with your fingers. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Place meat in the slow cooker. Add frozen corn, sweet pepper, onion, sugar, hot pepper sauce, and black pepper. Pour tomatoes over mixture in cooker.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker. Drain vegetables, discarding cooking liquid. Serve meat with vegetables. Makes: 6 servings
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, remove food from your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Cajun Pot Roast with Maque Choux)Servings Per Recipe 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, sodium (mg) 311, pro. (g) 34, carb. (g) 17, cal. (kcal) 255, sat. fat (g) 2, Monounsaturated fat (g) 2, Fat, total (g) 5, chol. (mg) 90, fiber (g) 2