- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cool 10 mins
- Bake 50 mins
Bananas and oats blend with a box of cranberry quick-bread mix for this recipe. Serve this moist bread warm or cold at breakfast.
cranberry quick-bread mix
lightly beaten egg
regular rolled oats
mashed ripe bananas (2 medium)
sifted powdered sugar
- Lightly grease a 9x5x3-inch or an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan. Set the pan aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cranberry bread mix, water, egg, rolled oats, and bananas until combined. (Don't add oil, as stated on bread-mix package.) Pour the batter for the bread into the prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 50 to 55 minutes for the 9x5-inch loaf or 60 to 65 minutes for the 8x4-inch loaf or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool loaf in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan; cool thoroughly on wire rack. Wrap and store the loaf overnight before slicing.
- Combine powdered sugar with enough orange juice to make a thin icing; drizzle over the bread. Cover and store any leftovers in the refrigerator. Makes 1 loaf (16 servings).