Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Makes: 10 to 12 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 10 hrs to 11 hours on low or 5 to 5-1/2 hours on high
boneless beef sirloin or beef rump roast, cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces
Italian dry salad dressing mix
dried Italian seasoning, crushed
crushed red pepper
hoagie buns, kaiser rolls or other sandwich rolls, split
shredded Italian blend cheeses (6 ounces) (optional)
Pickles, sliced onion, sliced pepperoncini and/or roasted red sweet pepper strips (optional)
- Place beef in a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl combine water, salad dressing mix, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and garlic powder; pour over beef in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 11 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 5-1/2 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker with a slotted spoon. Using two forks, shred the meat. Serve meat in rolls. If you like, sprinkle sandwiches with cheese and place sandwiches on two large baking sheets; broil sandwiches, one pan at a time, 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Strain cooking juices through a fine mesh sieve. Drizzle each sandwich with some of the strained juices to moisten. If you like, top each sandwich with pickles, chopped onion, pepperoncini and/or roasted red sweet pepper strips. Serve remaining cooking juices for dipping, if you like. Makes 10 to 12 sandwiches.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, remove food from slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Italian Beef Sandwiches)Servings Per Recipe 10, Fat, total (g) 19, chol. (mg) 117, sat. fat (g) 7, Monounsaturated fat (g) 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, fiber (g) 2, Folate (µg) 121, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, Niacin (mg) 14, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Thiamin (mg) 0, iron (mg) 6, Potassium (mg) 575, calcium (mg) 252, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 2, sodium (mg) 921, vit. C (mg) 0, vit. A (IU) 0, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, sugar (g) 9, carb. (g) 51, pro. (g) 44, cal. (kcal) 564