Orange-Spiced Corned Beef with Dried Fruit
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 8 hrs to 10 hrs pn low or 4 to 5 hours on high
Mixed dried fruit, orange juice, molasses, and spices dress up plain-Jane corned beef with lively new flavor in this main-dish recipe.
2 1/2 -
corned beef brisket
mixed dried fruit
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. If a seasoning packet is present, discard it. Place meat in the cooker.
- Cut any large pieces of mixed dried fruit into quarters. Sprinkle mixed dried fruit, dried cranberries, and tapioca over meat in cooker. In a small bowl, combine orange juice, the water, molasses, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Arrange meat slices on a serving platter. Spoon fruit mixture over meat. Makes 6 servings.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, remove food from your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Orange-Spiced Corned Beef with Dried Fruit)Servings Per Recipe 6, chol. (mg) 185, Fat, total (g) 36, sat. fat (g) 12, carb. (g) 38, pro. (g) 35, cal. (kcal) 617, fiber (g) 2, sodium (mg) 2151