- Makes: 64 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 4 hrs to 5 hrs on low or 2 to 2-1/2 hours on high
Three ingredients and a slow-cooker are all you need for a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
frozen cooked plain meatballs, thawed (32 meatballs each)
jellied cranberry sauce
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker place meatballs. In a medium bowl combine cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce. Pour over meatballs in cooker; stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Serve meatballs with toothpicks. If desired, keep warm on low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Makes 64 meatballs.
- Saucepan variation: In a large saucepan combine thawed meatballs and desired sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Cranberry-Chipotle Meatballs: Add 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce to the cranberry-barbeque sauce mixture.
- Mexi-Meatballs: Substitute one 16-ounce jar of salsa and one 10-ounce can of enchilada sauce for the cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce.
(Cranberry-Barbecue Meatballs)Servings Per Recipe 64, sat. fat (g) 2, iron (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 4, chol. (mg) 5, High-Fat Meat () 1, Potassium (mg) 8, sodium (mg) 145, carb. (g) 4, pro. (g) 2, cal. (kcal) 57, sugar (g) 3, calcium (mg) 10