- Makes: 64 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 4 hrs to 5 hrs on low or 2 to 2-1/2 hours on high
Three ingredients and a slow-cooker are all you need for a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
frozen cooked plain meatballs, thawed (32 meatballs each)
jellied cranberry sauce
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker place meatballs. In a medium bowl combine cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce. Pour over meatballs in cooker; stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Serve meatballs with toothpicks. If desired, keep warm on low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Makes 64 meatballs.
- Mexi-Meatballs: Substitute one 16-ounce jar of salsa and one 10-ounce can of enchilada sauce for the cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce.
- Cranberry-Chipotle Meatballs: Add 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce to the cranberry-barbeque sauce mixture.
- Saucepan variation: In a large saucepan combine thawed meatballs and desired sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- For Easy Cleaning: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Cranberry-Barbecue Meatballs)Servings Per Recipe 64, High-Fat Meat () 1, cal. (kcal) 57, calcium (mg) 10, Folate (µg) 0, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, pro. (g) 2, Monounsaturated fat (g) 0, carb. (g) 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, fiber (g) 0, vit. A (IU) 0, sodium (mg) 145, sugar (g) 3, vit. C (mg) 0, Potassium (mg) 8, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 0, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 4, chol. (mg) 5, sat. fat (g) 2, iron (mg) 0