Beef Lo Mein
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 7 hrs to 9 hrs (low) or 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours (high), plus 30 minutes on high
Thanks to ready-made stir-fry sauce and your slow cooker, this Asian classic has never been easier!
boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
large onion, sliced
sliced water chestnuts, drained
4 1/2 -
ounce jar (drained weight)
whole mushrooms, drained
loose-pack frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
dried lo mein noodles
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. In a large skillet, brown meat, half at a time, in hot oil. Drain off fat. Set aside.
- Place onion in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Add meat, water chestnuts, and mushrooms. In a small bowl, stir together stir-fry sauce and tapioca. Pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in frozen vegetables. Cover and cook for 30 to 40 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in cashews. Meanwhile, cook lo mein noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve meat mixture over lo mein noodles. Makes 8 servings.
(Beef Lo Mein)Servings Per Recipe 8, sodium (mg) 995, fiber (g) 4, cal. (kcal) 447, pro. (g) 35, sat. fat (g) 2, chol. (mg) 95, Fat, total (g) 11, carb. (g) 52