- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 40 mins
sliced green onions
butter or margarine
frozen peas, thawed (optional)
- Run cold water over wild rice in a strainer about 1 minute, lifting the rice to rinse it thoroughly.
- In a large saucepan, stir together the wild rice, chicken broth, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan or skillet, cook the long-grain rice and green onions in butter or margarine about 2 minutes or until rice and onion just begin to brown.
- When wild rice has simmered for 20 minutes, add white-rice mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes more or until wild rice and white rice are tender.
- Stir in thawed peas, if you like. Heat through. Drain off any excess liquid. Makes 8 side-dish servings.
(Two-Rice Pilaf)Servings Per Recipe 8, vit. C (mg) 1, iron (mg) 1, chol. (mg) 12, Fat, total (g) 6, carb. (g) 26, pro. (g) 5, cal. (kcal) 174, sat. fat (g) 3, fiber (g) 1, vit. A (RE) 41, sodium (mg) 549