Festive Bean Dip
- Makes: 36 servings
- Yield: about 4-1/2 cups dip
- Prep 15 mins
- Bake 25 mins
cream cheese, softened
dairy sour cream
bean dip or 1/2 of an 8-ounce can refried beans
chopped green onions
1 1/4 -
dry taco seasoning mix (3 tablespoons)
Several drops bottled hot-pepper sauce or 1/4 cup picante sauce
shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 to 8 ounces)
shredded cheddar cheese (4 to 8 ounces)
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, bean dip or refried beans, green onions, taco seasoning, and hot-pepper sauce.
- Toss together the Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses.
- In a 9-inch pie plate, layer half of the bean-cream cheese mixture and half of the shredded cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 25 minutes or until the cheeses are melted. Serve with tortilla chips. Makes about 4-1/2 cups dip (36 2-tablespoon servings).
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator and reheat to serve.
(Festive Bean Dip)Servings Per Recipe 36, vit. C (mg) 1, iron (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 9, chol. (mg) 16, calcium (mg) 81, pro. (g) 4, carb. (g) 10, vit. A (RE) 52, sodium (mg) 196, fiber (g) 1, sat. fat (g) 4, cal. (kcal) 136