Festive Bean Dip
- Makes: 36 servings
- Yield: about 4-1/2 cups dip
- Prep 15 mins
- Bake 25 mins
cream cheese, softened
dairy sour cream
bean dip or 1/2 of an 8-ounce can refried beans
chopped green onions
1 1/4 -
dry taco seasoning mix (3 tablespoons)
Several drops bottled hot-pepper sauce or 1/4 cup picante sauce
shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 to 8 ounces)
shredded cheddar cheese (4 to 8 ounces)
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, bean dip or refried beans, green onions, taco seasoning, and hot-pepper sauce.
- Toss together the Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses.
- In a 9-inch pie plate, layer half of the bean-cream cheese mixture and half of the shredded cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 25 minutes or until the cheeses are melted. Serve with tortilla chips. Makes about 4-1/2 cups dip (36 2-tablespoon servings).
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator and reheat to serve.
(Festive Bean Dip)Servings Per Recipe 36, fiber (g) 1, sat. fat (g) 4, cal. (kcal) 136, sodium (mg) 196, calcium (mg) 81, vit. A (RE) 52, Fat, total (g) 9, chol. (mg) 16, pro. (g) 4, iron (mg) 0, carb. (g) 10, vit. C (mg) 1