- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 6 hrs to 6 hrs (low) or 3 to 3-1/2 hours (high)
medium green, red, and/or yellow sweet peppers
chili beans with chili gravy
cooked converted rice
Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- Remove tops, membranes, and seeds from peppers. In a medium bowl stir together chili beans with chili gravy, rice, and 1/2 cup of the cheese; spoon into peppers. Pour tomato sauce into the bottom of a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker. Place peppers, filled sides up, in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 6-1/2 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
- Transfer peppers to serving plate. Spoon tomato sauce over peppers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, remove food from your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Bean-and-Rice-Stuffed Peppers)Servings Per Recipe 4, Fat, total (g) 12, carb. (g) 42, sat. fat (g) 5, chol. (mg) 25, sodium (mg) 918, fiber (g) 10, cal. (kcal) 332, pro. (g) 16