Barbecue Turkey Wedges
- Makes: 16 servings
- Yield: 2 pita wedges and 3 tablespoons turkey mixture per serving
- Prep 15 mins
- Slow Cook 2 hrs on keep warm setting
Nonstick cooking spray
lean ground turkey
finely chopped red onion
14 1/2 -
no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
bottled barbecue sauce
cucumber, seeded and chopped (1/2 cup)
- Coat a large unheated skillet with cooking spray. Cook turkey, 1/2 cup of the onion, and the garlic in skillet over medium-high heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until turkey is brown and onion is tender, stirring frequently. Drain fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, barbecue sauce, and pepper; heat through. Transfer mixture to a 1 1/2- or 2-quart slow cooker. Cover and keep warm on the keep-warm setting for up to 2 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle turkey mixture in cooker with remaining chopped onion and cucumber. Serve turkey mixture with Pita Wedges.
- For easy cleanup, line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
whole wheat pita rounds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Split pita bread rounds in half horizontally. Cut each half into eight wedges. Arrange wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp; let cool.
(Barbecue Turkey Wedges)Servings Per Recipe 16, cal. (kcal) 80, pro. (g) 7, Starch () 1, Lean Meat () 1, Carb Choice () 1, Monounsaturated fat (g) 0, carb. (g) 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, Fat, total (g) 2, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, chol. (mg) 20, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, sat. fat (g) 1, fiber (g) 1, calcium (mg) 20, iron (mg) 1, sugar (g) 3, vit. A (IU) 146, vit. C (mg) 2, Potassium (mg) 40, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 0, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 4, sodium (mg) 131