- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep 25 mins
Add new taste sensations to a popular potluck food by jazzing up standard deviled eggs.
mayonnaise or salad dressing
Paprika or parsley sprigs (optional)
- Halve hard-cooked eggs lengthwise and remove yolks. Set whites aside. Place yolks in a small bowl; mash with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar; mix well. If desired, season with salt and black pepper. Stuff egg white halves with yolk mixture. Cover and chill until serving time (up to 24 hours). If desired, garnish with paprika or parsley. Makes 12 servings.
- Chipotle Deviled Eggs: Prepare as above, except omit mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar. Stir 1/4 cup dairy sour cream, 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion, and 1 teaspoon finely chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce into yolk mixture.
- Italian-Style Deviled Eggs: Prepare as above, except omit mayonnaise or salad dressing, mustard, and vinegar. Stir 1/4 cup creamy Italian salad dressing and 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese into mashed yolks; mix well.
- Greek-Style Deviled Eggs: Prepare as above, except fold 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese, 1 tablespoon finely chopped pitted kalamata olives or other pitted ripe olives, and 2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano into yolk mixture. If desired, season with black pepper.
- Curry and Crab Deviled Eggs: Prepare as above, except omit mustard and vinegar. Stir the mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard, 1 teaspoon snipped fresh chives, and 1/2 teaspoon curry powder into mashed yolks; mix well. Fold in 1/4 cup drained, flaked canned crabmeat.
(Deviled Eggs)Servings Per Recipe 12, fiber (g) 0, Medium-Fat Meat () 1, carb. (g) 0, sodium (mg) 62, vit. A (RE) 0, Fat () 1, Fat, total (g) 6, pro. (g) 3, iron (mg) 0, vit. A (IU) 146, cal. (kcal) 72, calcium (mg) 10, sat. fat (g) 1, chol. (mg) 109