- Yield: 10 appetizers
- Prep 25 mins
- Bake 25 mins
- Stand 5 mins
Cream cheese and cheddar cheese make a creamy filling for these hot appetizers.
Nueske's Smoked Bacon or other bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
fresh mushrooms (about 12 oz.)
cream cheese, softened
shredded sharp cheddar or smoked Gouda cheese (1 oz.)
minced garlic (optional)
- Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside. In a 12-inch skillet, cook bacon until almost crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon from skillet; discard fat. Drain bacon on paper towels. Set aside.
- Clean mushrooms. Remove stems from mushrooms; discard. Set tops aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and cheddar cheese, stirring until well mixed. Stir in reserved bacon and, if you like, garlic. Spoon cheese mixture into mushroom tops.
- Place stuffed mushroom tops in the prepared baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Makes 10 appetizers.
- Robert and James Nueske, owners
- Contacts: Megan Dorsch (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- or Tanya Nueske (email@example.com
- Nueske's Hillcrest Farm
- Rural Route 2, P.O. Box D
- Wittenberg, WI 54499-0904
(Bacon-Stuffed Mushrooms)sat. fat (g) 3, iron (mg) 0, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 6, Potassium (mg) 148, chol. (mg) 18, calcium (mg) 30, pro. (g) 4, carb. (g) 1, vit. A (IU) 146, cal. (kcal) 75, vit. C (mg) 1, Monosaturated fat (g) 2, Niacin (mg) 2, sugar (g) 1, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sodium (mg) 155, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 8