- Yield: 10 appetizers
- Prep 25 mins
- Bake 25 mins
- Stand 5 mins
This five-ingredient recipe comes from the bacon pros at Nueskes meats in Wisconsin.
bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
fresh mushrooms (about 12 oz.)
cream cheese, softened
shredded sharp cheddar or smoked Gouda cheese
minced garlic (optional)
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook bacon until almost crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon from skillet; discard fat. Drain bacon on paper towels. Set aside.
- Clean mushrooms. Remove stems from mushrooms; discard. Set tops aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir in reserved bacon and, if you like, garlic. Spoon mixture into mushroom tops, and place them on a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Make Ahead Tip
- Stuffed mushrooms taste best hot from the oven, but they're still a great make-ahead snack. Assemble the mushrooms up to 24 hours ahead of your party, then store them, covered, in the refrigerator until you're ready to bake them.
(Bacon-Stuffed Mushrooms)Thiamin (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 6, Riboflavin (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 18, sat. fat (g) 3, Potassium (mg) 148, calcium (mg) 30, cal. (kcal) 75, iron (mg) 0, pro. (g) 4, vit. A (IU) 146, carb. (g) 1, vit. C (mg) 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, Monounsaturated fat (g) 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 8, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sugar (g) 1, sodium (mg) 155, Niacin (mg) 2, fiber (g) 0