- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Grill 8 mins
For a fast but sophisticated appetizer, spread orange marmalade on Brie and grill. Garnish with nuts, then serve with bread, fruit, or crackers.
round Brie cheese with rind (about 4 inches in diameter)
sliced almonds, coarsely chopped hazelnuts (filberts) or pecans, toasted
yellow apple or ripe pear, cored and sliced into thin wedges, or 1/2 cup sliced strawberries and 1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced lengthwise into wedges
French bread slices, assorted crackers and/or melba toast (optional)
- Cut off a thin slice from the top of the Brie to remove the rind; discard. Place round of Brie in a 6-inch cast-iron skillet or disposable foil pan. Spread top of Brie with orange marmalade, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Place skillet or pan on the grill rack. Grill directly over low coals. Cover and grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until Brie is softened and warmed. Place the almonds, hazelnuts or pecans around the border.
- Serve with fruit, French bread, assorted crackers and/or melba toast, if you like.
- Oven method: Place Brie round in a 9-inch pie plate. Spread with orange marmalade as above. Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degrees degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until Brie is softened and warmed. Remove from oven and serve as above.
- When using apple or pear wedges, dip in lemon juice to prevent browning. For a picnic, tote ingredients in an insulated cooler with ice packs and grill on location. Serve within 2 hours of packing in cooler.
(Almond Brie)Servings Per Recipe 8, cal. (kcal) 145, sodium (mg) 181, fiber (g) 1, chol. (mg) 28, Fat, total (g) 10, carb. (g) 8, pro. (g) 7